LEARN TO BLOW GLASS WITH GOTT GLASS!
Learn the Art of Glassblowing which has mystified the world for centuries.
Whether you have always wanted to try glassblowing for the first time or have prior experience; our classes are flexible and will make you feel 'Blown Away'. No experience necessary! Ages 7 and up.
"Make Your Own - Glass Experience" provides One-on-One instruction with our highly experienced instructor. 'Glass Experience' is designed with the beginner in mind. Our unique approach gives you the chance to LEARN the fundamentals of glassblowing. We will teach you to safely work in the hot glass studio, step-by-step, choose an object from our menu, pick your favorite color, assist you to gather and shape the hot glass and safely learn to use tools to create your own glass object. By paying by the hour, students can return periodically to build their skillset. We are committed to bring the art of glassblowing to those eager to learn.
- All "Glass Experiences" are now offered on HALF HOUR and ONE HOUR sessions.
- Choose 30minutes @ $100 or 60minutes @ $200
- You DO NOT have to choose what you want to make in order to sign up, but you can get and idead from our 'menu' below.
Your Glass Instructor becomes your glassblowing 'coach'. Try it again, bring a friend, expand your experience, sign up for another hour and make more pieces to improve your skills. If you have taken a class with us or any other studio before, this is a great way to try something new and learn to work towards an intermediate or advanced level.
How to Sign Up Now
1. Choose and Click on the length of time for your desired workshop
- Half Hour $100, one object
- One Full Hour $200, two or more objects, skill building
- Hot Glass Date Hour $225, two people, 2 items.
2. A Calendar will show your available times
3. Choose the date and time you want to participate and Sign Up!
4. Arrive early, make your piece with your instructor and pick it up a few days later. We
also offer shipping, if necessary.
What to Wear and What to Expect
- Students are given the OPTION to wear masks.
- Students should arrive 5 minutes early to familiarize yourself with the studio and sign your waiver.
- Students are encouraged to bring and wear their own safety glasses or sunglasses while working.
- Students are encouraged to bring their own water bottle or beverage of their choice.
- Students MUST wear close-toed shoes
- Students MUST wear natural fiber clothing (cotton, denim, linen, etc.) Absolutely NO synthetic material or blends. No 'short shorts'; however, longer shorts which cover the knee are acceptable. Regular denim jeans are best.
- Tie back long hair. No dangling jewelry.
- Students are given the option to use the AID "alternative inflation device" for safe glassblowing.
- Students should wash their hands before and after working.
**CANCELLATION/RESCHEDULING POLICY** We understand when emergencies happen; however because of the excessive operating expense, we require a 72 hour notice. After 72 hours, your workshop slot will be forfeited as we usually can not “fill your slot” with short notice. If you are running late for whatever reason, you will have to forfeit the time you have missed.
Call Justin @ (813) 607-1801 for questions or more information regarding workshops.
Our Gift Certificates are valid and honored for the period of (1) year from the date of purchase. Our Glassblowing Workshops are offered on the First Friday and First Saturday of every month, with exceptions to be made at the discretion of Phoenix Studio, Inc. During the "summer months" (June, July, August) workshops are not offered due to the heat and weather of Central Florida.
Please inform recipient of gift certificate - a 72 hour notice is required for a reschedule.
Please sign up for our newsletter to keep up to date on when we will be offering our workshops.
small group and team building
Susan Gott and Justin Thompson can offer your school group or organization a unique experience with glass. From Elementary School to Adult or Team Building, we can vary our talk or demonstration from simple techniques to the chemistry glass, history of glass, glassblowing, glass casting and most importantly The Making of Art. We can conduct one-on-one "Make-Your-Own Glass" or offer sit down demonstrations for larger groups. Tour includes demonstrations, tour of the hot shop, cold shop, and gallery. Call for pricing and availability